"You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
(Acts 1:8)

Stepping to the ends of the earth to pursue God's heart in medicine.

____________________________________________________

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I had planned to finish a long post with thanks to everyone and everything that brought me to this point as a medical student in a school for global health in Israel - full of pictures from all the way back in the wonder years until now...

But Anatomy (those silly abdomens and pelvic structures) got in the way and so this will have to do until after our test on Tuesday!

I AM THANKFUL.  Really.  This year more than any year I can remember. I have spent the last few hours feeling like my Grandma who can cry at the drop of a hat (one time she started crying when I asked her for a cookie - to which I thought maybe she was distressed about my addiction to dessert, or maybe I'd insensitively asked for something she didn't have to give - but, very sweetly, it turned out it was just because she loved having me in her house at that moment). So today I love having these endless blessings - people, opportunities, gifts, talents, lessons, trials, struggles, memories - to mull over and be thankful for, and it is stirring this emotion that makes me want to cry or perhaps laugh or maybe just sit staring into space with a silly grin on my face.

Regardless, on this day I DO give thanks to the Lord, for HE IS GOOD and His unconditional, unfailing love is the ONLY thing that endures forever. Amen.

Thanksgiving Dinner at the Bass' (Pastor of our Church)!

Gathering 'round the DELISH Turkey!

The Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie (I attempted to make)

No comments:

Post a Comment