I am finally posting pictures of where I live and some of our experiences thus far! (Start at the bottom and scroll up to see them in chronological order)
(Irene and I in Ashkelon)
(Ancient Ashkelon)
(Bedouin Market)
(Abraham's Well. Beer Sheva means 7 wells, named after Abraham's wells)
(Entrance to the Israeli Medical School)
(Welcome dinner at Avvazi)
(Shukh - on the right is where I buy my weekly pita rations for 6NIS and fresh mangoes)
(Caroline House - our study center opened this summer)
(Deliah, one of my housemates, and Isaac - she made us stuffed tuna and rice peppers!)
(Outside courtyard - coolest spot for evening studying and meals)
(My room for 3 weeks)
(44 Ha-Geulim, Gimel. House where I am subletting until September 1)
(B7 Sunset)
(Beersheva "Mountain")
(Beer Sheva, Israel)
(My first view of Beer Sheva)
(Chautauqua Park, Boulder, CO. The place where God made it clear that I could decide to come to Israel and He would be here, waiting for me.)
(Red Rocks, Colorado. Day 1 of my decision to come to Israel for medical school: Where I struggled with a lot of doubt and realized I needed to surrender a lot of "what-ifs", things, and people that I was afraid to leave behind regardless of whether I decided to go to PH School or Med School)"This is the first day of the rest of your life." [Matt Maher, 'Hold us Together')
These lyrics have echoed in my head from the start of this journey, beginning in this first picture, until now.
I went to the Golden Arts Festival with several fellow CCPC friends. There was a lot of incredible art- lots of landscape paintings. Amid the many booths with landscape paintings were several paintings (ooh, and photography) from around the Mediterranean Sea. Made me want to be there. You are there. So cool.
ReplyDeleteClaire: We are glad to see your environment. It does look like Arizona! We love you and are tickled to see your picture. Love, Grandpa
ReplyDeleteOkay, this was really cool. A picture really is worth a thousand words. I look forward to more. I know you're only a couple of days away from moving into your new digs. Being settled in your "home" will be a great thing. You're a good "home" body. Have fun settling in. You're always in our thoughts. Love you. Aunt Gretchen
ReplyDeleteClaire: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope that you are moved in to your apartment. We are thinking about you and praying as usual. Love, Grandpa and Grandma
ReplyDelete