"You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
(Acts 1:8)

Stepping to the ends of the earth to pursue God's heart in medicine.

____________________________________________________

Monday, October 3, 2011

Exploring more of Israel!

Here is a montage of pictures from a recent weekend "Southern Israel Tour" I did with a few of my adventurous classmates. 

Day 1 took us down to Mitspe Ramon to explore the large crater and hike to a 360 panoramic view of the area. The crater is considered the "Grand Canyon" of Israel.  The night of Day 1 I went to a birthday cookout for one of my friends (Martyna - she and James lead the Bible Study I attend every Wednesday night on Eschatology) and enjoyed a delicious spread of food, including a cheeseburger(!), and had a long discussion about our favorite party games (Names in a Bowl!). A few hours later I woke up to drive to Masada near the Dead Sea for a sunrise hike and front row seats to a pretty spectacular viewing. ;)  (It reminded me of the days I used to drive with a bunch of crazy people to VA Beach to see the sunrise and jump in the freezing Atlantic Ocean.)


Renata, Sarah Meyers and I

Machtesh Ramon (Crater at Ramon), Southern Israel

Birthday Dinner and Games for Martyna!
LtoR: John & Carolyn Emerick, Polina, Martyna & James Downey, Kyle & Jayla Voget (They're from CO Springs!)

Lighting the candles on the Red Velvet Chip Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting I baked ala "Nothing Bundt Cakes"

Sunrise at Masada (Dead Sea, Israel)



Sarah Dennemeyer and I looking over the Dead Sea
Judean Desert

Inside one of the palace's water cisterns

Herod's Northern Palace - Masada

View from the Bottom (and the Snake Trail we hiked up at 5am!)

"Refreshing" swim in the Yam Melach (Salt Sea), while covered in Dead Sea mud  that promises to be a sort of "fountain of youth" - I found it more entertaining than youthful.
 (The salt/mineral content makes it more painful than refreshing though)

My new "Dining Room" = Study Room in the Apt
(I was also showcasing my Mango Mint Smoothie, because that's what I do...sleep, eat, study, eat)

2 comments:

  1. your pictures are breathtaking. it kinda makes me want to, oh i don't know, visit you someday. ;)

    p.s. mango mint smoothie? teach me to be more like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks kinda upper room like that little dining room of yours! Love mom

    ReplyDelete